Monday 17 November 2014

Password Changes

This morning I changed my password at work.  My computer is now secure - even from me. Every time I sit down to get to some real work I instead elicit a series of  beeps informing me that I am locked out.

It also informs me that I have no memory, and I'm resistant to change.

My computer is a bit lippy.

And before you suggest it, yes I do only change the last digit in my password each time. If I changed the whole thing I'd have to keep the helpdesk on speed dial.

Even worse is when I sit in front of my computer at home trying to access a user only website, with a repeated error message thwarting my efforts. And I go through the whole rigamarole of resetting my password - waiting for a good twenty minutes for a reset code that never arrives - until I finally twig that I'm using the wrong email address.

But the worst of all is when I receive a message from microsoft, or paypal, or my bank, kindly informing me that even though I can't remember my password, someone in China can.

Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment