Wednesday 21 January 2015

Flying

Tomorrow I'm winging my way overseas. Well over a sea. Or, to be more precise, a strait. Yeah, I'm going to Auckland. Big deal.

This means getting up an hour earlier than way-too-friggin'-early so that my darling can drop me at the airport.

I then get to try to fly on Jetstar if they'll have me. I'd usually book Air New Zealand so that while the scum were waiting in the hard plastic seats downstairs, I could be enjoying a nice freshly barista made coffee and helping myself to far-too-many-hokey-pokey-biscuits for one person.

Tomorrow I'm the scum.

My manager keeps complaining every time she prises open the wallet and the moths fly out, and unfortunately Air New Zealand is very popular for early morning flights so Jetstar is way cheaper.

Air New Zealand is more popular in the early morning because people usually want to get where they're going and Jetstar... well they're cheaper.

So an hour and twenty minutes of flight (hopefully) and then a further hour-ish travelling through morning traffic in Auckland to arrive at my destination. Allowing a half hour for check-in on the return, and the hour-ish travelling back to the airport, and I'm left with a whole four hours in Auckland.

That seems like more than enough for any good Cantabrian to face on a week-day.

All going well I should at least be able to snaffle some biscuits at the Koru lounge on the way back (because I definitely don't want a delayed flight in that direction) and then I'll be touching down in glorious Christchurch and making it home nearly on time.

Ah, the life of a jet-setting superstar!

How I wish I had one.

Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment