Sunday 3 January 2016

Lacking Resolve

Well, three days in and I’ve only broken one of my New Year’s resolutions. I’ve helped this out immensely by only making one.

Although I won’t go into detail but there was no food involved in one scenario, and the resolution just seemed impractical when it got around to breakfast time.

I should’ve resolved to sleep more in the New Year because that’s one resolution I could’ve kept. After not having slept well for a long time I’m now sleeping far too much and finding out it isn’t a bundle of fun either. Complaints all around.

I don’t know who started this resolution trend off, but I’m sure it’s long overdue for ending. The same tired resolutions being made each year by one-year-older people to the same end.

New Year’s resolutions appear to exist only to be broken. Given that scenario, I should try harder next year to think of something spectacular to break. Therefore, I resolve next year to travel to Kalamazoo and Timbuktu. Or the moon. I resolve to become a world-renowned scientist. Or a six-foot-tall model.

What about you? What horrendous or horrendously exciting resolutions are you intent on breaking this year?

2 comments:

  1. Here is what I am following this New Year's. Saw it on one of those Ecards.

    "I don't call them New Year's Resolutions. I prefer the term, 'casual promises I made to myself that I am under no legal obligation to fulfill.'"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's a good one!. Storing up for next year...

      Delete